Special Issue on "eHealth and mHealth"
I am happy to announce a MDPI Special Issue on 'eHealth and mHealh'
eHealth, or Electronic Health, signifies the utilization of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to fortify and elevate health and healthcare. This comprehensive concept encompasses a diverse array of applications, services, and systems designed to facilitate the electronic management of health information. It fosters seamless communication between healthcare providers and patients, ultimately enhancing the delivery of healthcare services.
Moreover, mHealth, or Mobile Health, is the strategic use of mobile devices, including smartphones, tablets, wearables, and wireless technologies. Its purpose is to bolster healthcare delivery, amplify health outcomes, and provide accessible health-related information and services.
These transformative trends have the potential to disrupt the healthcare system, ushering in a paradigm shift towards predictive, prevention-focused, and personalized service delivery, underpinned by the utilization of digital data. The emergence of new services holds the promise of actively involving participants in their own journey towards maintaining good health and reshaping how they receive healthcare services.
In unison, eHealth and mHealth contribute synergistically to the ongoing digitization and advancement of the healthcare landscape, marking a pivotal era of innovation and enhanced patient-centric care.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Usability and user experience in health apps;
- Effectiveness of mobile health interventions;
- Data security and privacy in eHealth;
- Integration of wearables and ioT in healthcare;
- Machine learning and predictive analytics in eHealth;
- Telemedicine and remote patient monitoring;
- Behavioral interventions through mobile apps;
- Ethical considerations in eHealth and mHealth;
- Human-centered design for health technologies.
PLEASE see details for submission here.
Deadline for submissions is 15.07.24.